Books about polyamory
- Polyamory: The New Love Without Limits, Deborah M. Anapol
- Love In Abundance: A Counselor’s Advice On Open Relationships, Kathy Labriola
- Polyamory in the 21st Century: Love & Intimacy with Multiple Partners, Deborah Anapol
- Open: Love, Sex and Life in an Open Marriage, Jenny Block
What Does Polyamory Look Like? Poly Diverse Patterns of Loving & Living…, Mim Chapman
- The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Pollyamory, Open Relationships & Other Adventures, Dossie Easton & Janet Hardy
- The New Intimacy: Open-ended Marriage & Alternative Lifestyles, Ronald Mazur
- The Lesbian Polyamory Reader: Open Relationships, Non-monogamy & Casual Sex, Marcia Munson & Judith Stelboum (eds)
- Sex, Love & Marriage in the 21st Century: The Next Sexual Revolution, Timothy Perper & Martha Cornog (eds)
- The Art and Etiquette of Polyamory: A Hands-on Guide to Open Sexual Relationships, Francoise Simpere
- Opening Up: A guide to Creating & Sustaining Open Relationships, Tristan Taormino
- The Polyamorists Next Door: Inside Multiple-Partner Relationships and Families, Elizabeth Sheff
- Rewriting the Rules: An Integrative Guide to Love, Sex and Relationships , Meg Barker
- When Someone You Love Is Polyamorous, Elizabeth Sheff
Professional & academic articles of note
Hemphill, S, Simon, S & Haydon, B. (2016) Exploring Personal & Professional Understanding of Nonmonogamous Relationships: Reflections on a Group Work-Informed Workshop, Social Work with Groups.
Henrich, R. & Trawinski, C. (2016) Social and therapeutic challenges facing polyamorous clients (1), Sexual & Relationship Therapy.
Weitzman, G. (2006). Therapy with clients who are bisexual and polyamorous. Journal of Bisexuality, 6:137-164.
Weitzman, G., Davidson, J., & Phillips, R. (2010). National Coalition for Sexual Freedom: What Psychology Professionals Should Know About Polyamory.
Online therapist resources
Kink & Poly Aware Chicago Therapists (KPACT) Chicago, IL
Center for Positive Sexuality Los Angeles, CA
Center for Sex Positive Culture Seattle, WA
Community-Academic Consortium for Research on Alternative Sexualities (CARAS)
The Alternative Sexualities Health Research Alliance (TASHRA)
National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF)
LGBTQIA Safe Sex Guide
- Polyamory: Questions You May Have
- Polyamory: Basic Info for Therapists
- What Psychology Professionals Should Know about Polyamory (NCSF)